POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse : Re: Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Aug 2000 05:46:55
Message: <39aa350f@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote in message news:39aa05ac@news.povray.org...

| Bob Hughes <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
| > Gail Shaw has done a lighthouse too, so have a few other people I'd wager.
|
| I have??? I don't remember doing a light house.
|  I have done a scene with a tall conical roofed tower.
| ( http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/images/Atmtest.jpg )
| Is that maybe what you're thinking of/

No, I knew of that one already too.  So you're saying my mind is playing tricks on me?
I really remembered a time when you (not you?) were trying out a lighthouse on a
shoreline.  I
guess there's a chance I'm confusing you with another of the rarely seen female POVers
here or
something like that, but having done a search for any and all lighthouses I failed to
find any
other than Philip Bartol's (Sept. 3rd and 5th '99).

Until now that is.
Darcy Johnston posted one on Jan. 25th 1999 at p.b.i. titled Lighthouse Scene (I knew
it was a lady
of POV! :-))
Also in a reply to that someone going by the name of JM posted another, as did Mark
Palmquist on
Feb. 7th '99.   Even Spider (where ever he is these days) posted a modified photo of
one, and Ross
Litscher at least mentioned one.  A much more thorough search this time and still
probably not
complete.
Apologies to both you, Gail, and Darcy.

Bob